Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Are we all lost stars?

Last year I saw a movie – Begin Again. A very ordinary story produced in a very different way. It stays with me even today, not because of the story, but because of the music and the soundtracks. Though all the songs are extraordinary, “Lost Stars” struck a chord with me. Yes indeed we are all lost stars.

I am a child of the 80’s. Born with a silver spoon, all my needs and wants were promptly fulfilled by my parents. I was always the star kid in my school and college – the all rounder, the miss teacher’s pet, the house leader etc. I had a plan… I had dreams… I had goals… I knew I was not an average person… I was born to do something great!

But then, what happened? Where did the enthusiasm go? It all started with a realization that I am not “Special”. I am just another human being, doing just what all human beings do. I am vulnerable, I am capable of being hurt, I have unrealistic expectations from life and I am struggling to find myself.

In the myriad experiences that I have been exposed to, I have lost myself. I don’t know if I am a girl caught up in dreams and fantasies or the one who reaches out and makes them true. Searching for the meaning… Trust me; this is not a sob story because some bloke broke my heart (though there have been quite a lot of blokes who did that). I am just wondering what my true calling is. There are many things I still enjoy and am passionate about; I have some of the best friends who would always be there with me and I recently started my new job. So no, it’s not because I am not happy. It’s because something is missing.

So do I turn the page? Will I find a brand new ending? Don’t know. You gotta keep trying right!

Calling out to all other lost stars, so that together maybe we can light up the dark!

3 comments:

  1. Beautifully written.. Well the fact that ur pondering about these things shows that even though u may b lost ur willing to find a way :)

    Much btr than many others who don't even know they r lost!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully written.. Well the fact that ur pondering about these things shows that even though u may b lost ur willing to find a way :)

    Much btr than many others who don't even know they r lost!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Vineet... Just waiting for that momment when life starts feeling right again...

    ReplyDelete